Melaleuca Seaside Retreat has three spacious cottages that can accommodate up to 14 guests in self-sufficient comfort with ultimate privacy.
And there's something for everyone. Whatever the reason for your visit, a romantic weekend or seeking a fun-filled family holiday, you will experience the best of bush and beach without ever wishing for anything else.
Numerous tracks and trails meander across 100 acres of bush and wetland with various types of bird-life seen in the trees, soaring overhead or patrolling the wetlands.
From the observation platform located on the top of the sand dunes many types of sea birds can be seen in addition to frequent sightings of dolphins and occasionally sightings of whales.
Beach fishing is very popular and with 10km of beach available, there is plenty of space to find the best fishing spot.
If you bring your favourite horse, the 10km sandy beach is a perfect place to ride, stretching your horse's stamina and spreading your wings with the sea breeze.
Sure you're sound asleep in your cosy cottage but you won't be able to help but rise-up in the wee hours to a cacophony of birds songs welcoming the first rays of sun. And to help you make the most of your days with us, scattered across the retreat are pleasure-oriented facilities to accommodate for various moods and whims:
- HotSpring Spas at every cottage Sneak in a 20-minute soak in the spa at any time during the day or night. Especially enjoyable after a day of exploration and activities, the warm jet water massaging your aching muscles is a great wonderful way to relax and have an amazing massage. It's even better whilst you're bonding with friends and relaxing and conversing with family.
- Swimming Pool Relax in our open-air resort pool and enjoy soaking up plenty of fresh Manning Valley air under the sun. At roughly 12m x 4m, our outdoor pool is the perfect place to get in a few laps, top up your tan and cool off from the heat of the day.
- Tennis Court also doubling-up as Basketball Court There’s no denying that in Australia we love our tennis. If watching the tennis will have you itching to reach for the racket or if you are a keen tennis player, close by the swimming pool is a full sized tennis court and with only three cottages to share it, it should always be available when you feel like a fun game with family or friends.
- Game Room Fitted for fun and comfort, with Pool/Billiard Table, Foosball Soccer Table, Table Tennis, Dartboard and visual and audio Entertainment.
- Horse Paddocks And something for your favourite Horse. Let it have some paddock time to build strength and get some fresh air waiting for the next wild ride on the beach.
- Forest tracks Walk our natural or planned tracks for a slow promenade or a surprise adventure.
Maybe even consider a tennis-themed holiday.
Forgot your racquets and tennis balls? No problem. Rackets and balls are available at the retreat's office.
So you'll bubble up in the luxurious Hot Spring spa nestled within magnificent nature-facing verandah then move on to explore the enchanted forest though its secret tracks, sweat it up on the tennis and basketball court, lap it up in a refreshing dip in the Tasman Sea or the swimming pool and wind it down in our games room with a pool table, foosball soccer table, table tennis etc.
Or maybe just retreat to your cottage, light up the fireplace, put your feet up and sip a warm cup of soup, green tea or Sherry as the sun goes down.